January 13, 2009

Wicked

Ok so last Wednesday I had the pleasure of seeing the show Wicked at the Kentucky Center. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! This show was absolutly incredible it is deffinetly in my Top 5 Shows that I've seen in my life!

For those who don't know, Wicked is the story of how the Wicked Witch of the West (yes from the Wizard of Oz) truly became "wicked." It turns out there's a whole lot more to the story, including how many of the other well-known characters from the Wizard of Oz got to be the way they were. The music in this show is absolutely incredible. My top favorites were deffinetly "Defying Gravity" (probably worth the ticket price alone to see just this number performed live), "The Wizard and I" "No Good Deed" and "Popular." The singing was incredible. Though there seemed to be some mixing and blending issues when more than one person sang at once, that was easily over-lookable. The effects were very nifty including lots of strobe-ish lighting and smoke and flying. Parts of the show were downright hilarious and others were very emotional and sad, and even (gasp!) romantic! I'd encourage everyone to see the show it is worth every cent of the ticket price and you will enjoy very very much.


'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers